Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jordan


                                                                        sleep walking

                                                                            purity

                                                              lost thoughts, & lost dreams

      This is Jordan, one of my best friends from high school. What I find unique about this series is that the second we agreed on her letting me take these photographs she said "I'm too awkward for photos, i don't know if i can do this". I replied by telling her that all I needed was for her to do nothing! I love Jordan's unique look, and when I was thinking about this concept I thought of her. Her pale skin is so flawless and just simply beautiful, and let me not get started on her beautiful facial features!

      I intended for this concept to speak to those who are heaving a rough time in life at the moment, and continuously think about "ending it". Even in the darkest times life can bring us we have to stay positive, I know it's hard and we feel as if the way out is by "ending it once and for all" but just think about this? Isn't getting the chance to exist and experience it already beautiful? Think about how privileged we are to see the world, to feel it, and to breathe it. Life is though but it's all about challenges and overcoming them, and you CAN do it. Because as cliche as it sounds, life is what YOU make it and even if you stand alone, or are drowning in sorrow keep your head up because after the rain there's a rainbow, and you won't be there forever. Live because the fact that you've received a chance to be here, is already enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment