Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Danielle

                                                                  some place far way

                                                            don't be scared, it's over now

                                                                     skin of the night


      Danielle, and I have known each other for many years now, we're practically sisters. she has been one of my "models" since the day I got my first camera, so for this series I wanted to use her unique looks to create a small concept. I hope that this to speaks to many of you as it speaks to me, especially to the ones being held back by something that makes you believe or think you can't accomplish/do something. These images interpret the fight we all have with ourselves, thinking we're "not good enough". As you can see in the first frame she has clothing on, hiding away her natural beauty, (or self, it doesn't necessarily have to just interpret being self-conscious about your body type, it's an overall interpretation of your mind). In the second frame she is wearing less clothing--meaning she's feeling a bit more confident, and trying to break away from what is holding her back. Last frame shows her nude body, as she has learned to be okay with exposing her self: (meaning she breaks away from the burden that kept her away buried in thought, of not being good enough.) 

Honestly I'd like to share a personal story that inspired me to create this. I myself feel everyday of my life as if I'm not good at anything I do, and I'm always terrified to take on challenges because of this. My mind has a mind of it's own, and I tend to over think everything. I freak out about the smallest things, but lately I've been going out of my comfort zone, and learning to appreciate/value my self a little bit better. I've even taken on challenges I would have never taken before, and I can honestly say that some of the positivity has made me a better, stronger individual. I've learned to understand that life is much more bigger than any problem, or any challenge. We have to learn, and break away from the things that imprison us from living.

No comments:

Post a Comment